My entry for Fancraftic 3
Poison Ivy from Batman.
I wasn't sure about this piece, it hasn't turned out as I had expected, though I am not that sure about the techniques in making custom ponies. I looked at a few tutorials which aided me in the de-haring of the original pony and a few basics in the customisation.
My original plan was to de-hair the pony then sculpt on the new hair (I didn't have access to new hair how I wanted it) and the ivy before I began painting. I managed to get the hair sculpted on using a two part epoxy putty commonly used for sculpting miniatures, however the ivy proved to be rather difficult instead the ivy has been applied after the pony was repainted.
There are about 10 layers of paint including the base coat to bring the pony from the black it was sprayed to the green she is now.
Please let me know what you think of her, I would like to see what could be done to make her look a little more decent. I am glad that I have tried this though I don't think that I will be attempting another pony customisation.